The Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry represents Hungary in the WorldSkills International and in the WorldSkills Europe organizations.
On the basis of the new Chamber Act adopted by Parliament in 1999, the Hungarian Government abolished compulsory chamber membership as of November 2000.
In addition to its traditional tasks, small and mediumm-sized enterprises promotion and fostering capital exports have also become focal objectives for the Chamber.
At international level, the Chamber's main objectives include assistance to Hungarian entrepreneurs in foreign markets and exploring new partnership opportunities, in particular with neighboring countries. The Chamber’s membership to the Eurochamber and the ICC in 1990 has opened new ways for an intensive lobbying activity.
THE CHAMBER'S MISSION
- to promote economic development and organization,
- to coordinate and assist the operation of territorial chambers of commerce and industry based on direct self-governance,
- to represent the interests of businesses in general and to enforce them where applicable,
- to discharge the responsibilities referred to its powers by laws (Acts of Parliament, decrees),
- to perform coordination tasks related to European Union membership,
- to act as a nationwide mediator between the national associated chambers and the state, government and other bodies.